HF2LI Graphical User Interface
ziControl is the first PC-based graphical user interface of the HF2LI that redefined the features set that belongs to a lock-in amplifier. Zurich Instruments claims that buttons and tiny screens on front panels do not foster immediate and intuitive instrument control nor measurement interpretation. It is at the heart of the Zurich Instruments product philosophy to simplify the laboratory setups of users combining the measurement instruments with powerful analysis tools. Always included in the base instrument, for significant efficiency increase, the user will find:
8 instruments in 1 box
- 2 high-frequency measurement units
- 2 high-frequency multi-sine signal generators
- 1 high-resolution Frequency Response Analyzer
- 1 high-resolution FFT Spectrum Analyzer
- 1 high-resolution 14-bit oscilloscope with 2048 samples
- 1 time domain spectroscope
ziControl Key Features
- Intuitive, easy to use graphical user interface
- Integrated oscilloscope, spectroscope, and frequency response analyser
- Simultaneous HF2 Instrument access by multiple programs
- Control of local and remote HF2 Instruments
- Control of up to 16 HF2 Instruments from one graphical user interface
ziControl is the well-conceived graphical user interface for accessing the HF2LI. It provides full control, several data visualization tools, data and setting storage, status and log functionality. ziControl supports local instruments (connected to the local computer over USB) or remote instruments (connected over TCP/IP).
Most importantly, the ziControl supports access to your HF2LI by multiple programs running in parallel (LabVIEW VIs, C++ based programs, Matlab, and others). This multitasking capability is a unique feature offered by Zurich Instruments.
ziAPI Application Programming Interface
- LabVIEW (min version 2009) support
- Binary interface with C, C++ bindings
- MATLAB support
- Python support
- High-speed operation: 1 million demodulated samples per second
The ziAPI provides 5 programming interfaces to the HF2 Series. The dedicated binary APIs for LabVIEW, C, and C++ provide extra support for the efficient integration of ZI Instruments into laboratory setups. More than 30 MByte of data per second can be processed, corresponding to more than 1 million demodulated samples per second.
- Multi-instrument support
- Unlimited client support
- Powerful text-based programming interface
- High-speed operation: 30 MByte of data per second
- Support for remote client access over TCP/IP
The ziServer keeps the user informed of what is happening. It detects the HF2 Instrument, provides configuration and generates the overview for the user. It also provides a text-based interface that supports manual use and allows for integration with virtually any programming language. A powerful framework synchronizes settings amongst multiple instruments and clients connected to the server.