Support and Services
Premium Customer Care
At Zurich Instruments we understand that excellent customer support and services are just as important as offering instruments with great specifications and superior software. In fact, Premium Customer Care is at the very core of our Product Philosophy. You will be supported by a diverse team of people with Masters and PhD level education and in depth technical and experimental knowledge. People like you.
Every product comes with Premium Customer Care support package that includes:
- Feedback for any incoming request within 1 working day.
- Unlimited downloads and number of installations of the LabOne instrument control software.
- Free LabOne software updates, usually 2 to 3 times per year. New releases often extend the functionality of the instrument with great new features (and bug fixes). Check our download center for more details.
- Over the years our support team has acquired a substantial application know how in many fields. We are happy to share our knowledge in form of blogs and on a personal level. You will be connected with the team member best suited for your requirements.
- Every instrument is shipped with a standard warranty of 1 year for electronic parts and labor on defects in material and workmanship. This warranty also includes the worldwide return shipping for repairs under warranty.
It is essential to keep the software of your ZI instrument up to date. The updates contain plenty of new features, problem fixes and enhanced application support. This level of service is unique to Zurich Instruments, keeping us ahead of our competition for comparable products and finding no match in the marketplace. Software updates are highly recommended and free of charge.
Let's keep communication efficient. You have a question, a request or need for a technical discussion? Just send us an email to indicating your issue and preferred way of communication and we'll get back to you as soon as possible. You can also call directly on +41 44 515 0410 during Zurich business hours.
Support Extension - Additional Services
In addition to our Premium Custer Care package included with every instrument, we also offer support and services that go beyond. These services are individually tailored and can include:
- Online training of individuals and groups of people
- Programming support
- Onsite visit by one of our Application Scientists to help with the installation, training and setup tuning
Do not hesitate to contact us for more information.
The standard 1 year warranty for electronic parts and labor on defects in material and workmanship offered for every instrument also includes the return shipping world wide and can be extended up to 7 years. We offer extensions in 2 year increments that can be purchased at any time while the instrument is still under warranty. Please obtain your quotation through the web shop and indicate the instrument serial on your purchase order:
UHFLI 2 Years Warranty Extension
HF2LI 2 Years Warranty Extension
MFLI 2 Years Warranty Extension
Calibration of your Instrument
All instruments are designed to be sturdy and to deliver accurate measurements for many years. Nevertheless, the calibration interval of all instruments is set to 2 years. This is mainly determined by the properties of electronic components that we purchase from various manufacturers and the specifications provided. In order to guarantee operation within specs after the calibration is expired (see sticker on the back instrument panel), feel free to make use of any of the instrument specific calibration packages below. Each package includes:
- Instrument calibration valid for another 2 years
- Extended calibration report
- 2 weeks turnaround at best effort
- Visual and mechanical inspection
- 6 months warranty extension (within 7 years)
- Worldwide return shipping
HF2LI Calibration with HF2LI-WEB
For HF2LI instruments shipped before August 2015 the calibration also includes the HF2LI-WEB LabOne® Web Interface upgrade.
Please obtain your quotation through the web shop and indicate the instrument serial on your purchase order. We will be sending you further instructions for the return shipping after we have received the purchase order. See also Return Shipments.
All instrument returns for calibration or repair require to be acknowledged before sending them to Zurich Instruments. Please contact us first and you will be receiving the respective Return Material Authorization (RMA).