The AM/FM modulation option allows generation of phase-coherent linear combinations of up to 3 oscillator frequencies. The direct measurement of (higher-order) sidebands in a variety of different modulation schemes, including amplitude modulation (AM) and frequency modulation (FM), can be conveniently set up in the LabOne® user interface.
Unlike conventional double demodulation schemes, e.g. tandem demodulation, the user does not need multiple instruments and is also not limited in modulation frequencies by the maximum available demodulation bandwidth.
MF-MOD user benefits
- Single-box solution for bimodal and multi-modal measurement challenges without intermediate signal conversion
- Straightforward setup
- Simultaneous access to X, Y, R, and Θ for up to 3 phase-coherent frequency components (not possible with tandem demodulation)
- No limitation of the modulation frequencies by the maximum demodulation bandwidth (tandem demodulation)
- Compatibility with the MF-PID option and an external reference to derive carrier and modulation frequency from a high-performance PLL and/or external sources
- Ability to discriminate signals from upper and lower sidebands