The Zurich Instruments MFLI is a digital lock-in amplifier that covers the frequency range from DC to 500 kHz (and up to 5 MHz when upgraded). Thanks to its embedded data and web servers, the MFLI can be used directly with any device running a web browser without further software installations. With its carefully developed analog and digital front ends and the fast digital processing afforded by the on-board FPGA, the MFLI combines its excellent performance with the LabOne user interface.
- 直流 - 500 kHz / 5 MHz，60 MSa/秒，16 位
- 隨插即用的流覽器軟體 LabOne
- USB 2.0 和 1 GbE 高速連接
- Materials science: carrier mobility, carrier density, Hall effect
- Transport measurements: conductance measurements, 2- and 4-terminal resistors
- Absorption spectroscopy
- Sensing and actuation (MEMS): gyroscopes, resonators, accelerometers
- Quantum sensing and transport: quantum dots, qubits
- Magnetic sensing: SQUIDs, NV centers, atomic magnetometry, VSM
- Scanning microscopy: AFM, STM
- Noise characterization: noise density, cross-correlation measurements
With multi-device synchronization (MDS) it is possible to operate multiple MFLIs as a single multi-channel device:
- Operate all instruments from a single LabOne user interface and LabOne API.
- Lock in phase all instrument clocks and oscillators (stable phase relationship).
- Synchronize time stamps and sampling rates for automatic alignment of measurement data.
MFLI 的前面板上有 1 個電流信號輸入、1 個差分電壓輸入、1 個差分信號輸出、2 個可作為參考輸入的輔助輸入和 4 個輔助輸出。針對高抗雜訊干擾能力的實驗，信號輸入和輸出既可以選擇單端模式，也可以選擇差分模式。信號接地可以是儀器接地或信號輸入的BNC遮罩層。
後面板提供了更多 BNC 介面，包括 2 個觸發輸入、2 個觸發輸出以及 10 MHz 同步時鐘的 1 個輸入和 1 個輸出。以及 1 個可訪問所有 DIO 通道的 SCSI 介面。儀器可以使用標準 90 - 240 V 伏交流電源或 12V 的外部直流電源（例如外部電池組），可切斷接地回路。
儀器標配支援電壓測量或電流測量，如需同時測量電流和電壓則需要 MF - MD 多解調器選件的支持。模擬前端擁有可變輸入阻抗和交流/直流耦合選擇，以及高頻過採樣技術，來確保優越的鎖相性能和波形的高保真度。
鎖相測量的結果（每個解調器的 X、Y、R 和 Θ）可以通過以下方式使用：
- 前面板上的 4 個輔助模擬輸出的任何一個都可以單獨設置比例縮放和偏置，612 kSa/秒的取樣速率確保所有解調信號分量都能在介面上可靠地使用。所有信號的頻寬一致且高達 200 kHz。
- 通過 USB 2.0 或 1 GbE 傳輸到主機，並顯示在 LabOne® 使用者介面上，信號可以由任一 LabOne 工具進行分析，或簡單地點擊幾下滑鼠將其存儲在本地。
|Storage temperature||+5°C to +65°C|
|Storage relative humidity||< 95%, non-condensing|
|Operating temperature||+5°C to +40°C|
|Operating relative humidity||< 90%, non-condensing|
|Specification temperature||+18°C to +28°C|
|Power consumption||< 40 W|
|DC power inlet||12 V, 2 A
Connector: Switchcraft 760BK, ID 2.5 mm, OD 5.5 mm
|Power supply AC line||100 - 240 V (±10%), 50/60 Hz|
|Line power fuse||250 V, 2 A, fast, 5 x 20 mm, F 2A L 250V|
|Dimensions including bumper||28.3 x 23.2 x 10.2 cm
11.1 x 9.1 x 4.0 inch
Rack mount on request
|Weight including bumper||3.8 kg|
|Recommended calibration interval||2 years (see sticker on back panel)|
|Warranty||1 year, extensible|
For the full list of specifications, please see MFLI and MFIA Specification.
No, variants are firmware- and software-based and can be implemented at a later time in the field.
The MFLI has an embedded web server, and can be connected to a local network where it can be accessed from any web browser by opening the address "http://mf-devXXXX.zhinst.com" (replacing XXXX with the serial number).
The key features of MFLI oscilloscope are:
- Single channel, up to 16 kSa samples per shot, 16-bit resolution (24-bit with BW limit)
- Sampling rates from 1.8 kSa/s to 60 MSa/s, up to 8.9 s acquisition time
- FFT of acquired scope shots with up to 30 MHz span (limited by 10 MHz analog input bandwidth (-3 dB))
- Multiple signal sources including signal inputs and trigger inputs, multiple trigger sources and trigger methods
- Independent hold-off, hysteresis, pre-trigger and trigger level settings
- Support for input scaling and arbitrary input units
The key features of MFLI Sweeper are:
- Full-featured parametric sweep tool for signal output frequency, signal output amplitude, signal output offset, signal output phase, offset voltage auxiliary output
- Recording parameters: demodulator data (X, Y, R, Θ), oscillator frequency, auxiliary inputs, etc.
- Application modes: parameter sweep, noise amplitude measurement, frequency response analyzer, 3-Omega-sweep
- Other features: logarithmic sweeps, automatic bandwidth adjustment, persistent display of previous scans, phase unwrap, etc.
The fastest and simplest way to get started is to connect the instrument to the local network by 1 GbE, open a browser on any device in the same network and type "mf-devXXXX:8006" into the browser address field.
Yes, the user receives the MFLI with LabOne installed; in addition, users have access to a free LabOne PC and/or Linux version for their instrument. With the LabOne Web Server running on a PC, higher data rates can be obtained. The Installation is also required for API connection.
Yes, by using 10 MHz clock signals each instrument can serve as a reference or accept an external reference. Please inquire for more information: Contact Form.
Please get in touch: Contact Form.
All users receive support from Zurich Instruments independently onwhere the purchase took place. Local sales partners, where available, also provide first-level support in the local language. For extended support, instrument calibration or service, please check the Support page for more information.
There is an embedded computer that runs Linux and provides data server and web server capabilities.
On a specific partition on the internal flash drive, on an external PC in the same network, or on a storage device attached to one of the MFLI's USB connectors.
Yes, either locally on the MFLI or on any PC in the same network.
Yes, by using the configuration files available on the internal memory.
Yes, that can help to achieve higher data rates for some applications.
No, at the moment the data server runs exclusively on the embedded PC.
The instrument comes with a country specific power cable, a USB cable, and a printed quick start guide.
The LabOne user interface allows to check for updates, upload them onto the instrument and initiate the update procedure.
The system can be set into its original state by downloading a software to a USB stick, attach the USB stick to the MFLI and restart the instrument. Measurement data and configuration files will be untouched.
USB 2.0 is implemented. The operation requires a driver installation. USB 3.0 is not supported.
Yes. All demodulator data samples (X, Y, R, Θ, demodulator frequency) can be quantitatively analyzed in multiple ways in both time domain and frequency domain.
A minimum distance to the external casing is required to assure a proper air circulation around the instrument. A sufficient air exchange is recommended for avoiding heat accumulation.