Zurich Instruments is a technology leader in advanced test and measurement instruments based on dynamic signal processing. Our products are used in many demanding research fields by scientists all over the world. Zurich Instruments' vision is to be the reference for digital instrumentation in advanced research and development labs.
At present, we work on several projects with leading research groups using our Quantum Computing Control System. To ensure successful adoption by our customers, we are looking for an Application Scientist Quantum Technologies who will strengthen our Marketing & Sales team in Zurich, Shanghai or Boston.
Working at Zurich Instruments means working at the cutting edge of research and providing solutions for unique end user problems. It gives you global exposure, working with exceptionally talented teams from across three continents, as well as industry exposure when participating in conferences, tech seminars & trade shows.
Zurich Instruments offers a diverse work environment with an open company culture, where personal development forms the base of our success. Now is a great time to join Zurich Instruments and play a key role in the advancement of our quantum roadmap. We look forward to receiving your resume and cover letter. Please note that we cannot sponsor work visas for China and the US.
- Establish new customer contacts and maintain existing ones to secure future sales mainly related to quantum technologies, and in particular to quantum computing with superconducting qubits.
- Represent Zurich Instruments at trade shows and visit customers worldwide.
- Provide application-specific customer support, including on-site system integration.
- Refine key product features of our AWGs, quantum analyzers, and other quantum stack products, thus helping to secure Zurich Instruments’ position as a technology leader.
- Produce marketing material such as webpages, blog posts, application notes, videos, newsletter contributions, product documentation, etc.
- A Ph.D. in physics with a solid background in quantum technologies.
- A solid scientific track record with years of practical lab experience, including RF/microwave signal generation and measurement.
- Excellent communication skills; good writing abilities are an important asset.
- Experience in controlling and automating complex experiments, preferentially with Python.
- Sales experience and/or an interest to develop your skills in this area.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and know-how of basic marketing strategies are a plus.