Zurich Instruments is a technology leader for advanced test & measurement instruments for dynamic signal processing. Our products are used in many research fields by demanding scientists all over the world. Zurich Instruments' vision is to be the reference for digital instrumentation in advanced research and development labs.
For our Cambridge, MA office, we are looking for result oriented and self-driven candidates (multiple openings) for Application Scientist (Physics).
As an Application Scientist, you will be part of our marketing and sales team in Cambridge. With the opportunities to apply your technical expertise to solve new technical challenges, you will be making a significant contribution to the success our fast-growing company. It is a great chance to transition directly from your academic path into a role in a dynamic company environment.
Working at Zurich Instruments means working at the cutting edge of research and providing solutions for unique end user problems. It gives you global exposure, working with exceptionally talented teams from across three continents, as well as industry exposure when participating in conferences, tech seminars & trade shows. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, including paid vacation & sick time in addition to US national holidays and support an excellent work life balance. The office is conveniently located in Cambridge within blocks from Alewife commuter rail station.
Now is a great time to join Zurich Instruments and play a key role in the success of our new Cambridge office. We look forward to receiving your resume and cover letter. Applicants need to be legally authorized to work in the USA.
- Demonstrating Zurich Instruments solutions to customers’ measurement challenges
- Establishing new and maintaining existing customer contacts, securing future sales
- Visiting customers in the USA and around the world, engaging with opinion leaders
- Providing customer support in a wide range of application fields
- Producing marketing material including blogs, application notes, technical documentation and videos
- PhD in Physics, Electrical Engineering, or another technical field
- Solid technical background related to T&M equipment; understanding of laboratory instrumentation
- Detailed knowledge of some of our key application fields including photonics, nanotechnology, microscopy or sensors, a background in quantum computing applications is considered as a plus
- Programming skills in one or more of LabVIEW, MATLAB, C and Python
- Experience in sales and/or an interest to develop in this area