Every new scientific advance made by our customers gives us an extra boost in motivation, and we are passionate to celebrate and support the scientific community. For the sixth year in a row, we are happy to announce the Zurich Instruments Student Travel Grants. The prize allows three young researchers to attend a scientific conference scheduled in 2020 or 2021.
The ground rules are simple:
- You are currently enrolled in a PhD program, or you completed your PhD in the past 2 years and now work as a postdoctoral researcher.
- Your submission falls into one of these categories:
- you published or expect to publish a peer-reviewed paper.
- you submitted or defended your PhD thesis.
- you uploaded a draft of your paper to arxiv.org or another preprint server.
- Your paper or thesis explicitly mentions one of Zurich Instruments' products.
- You did not apply with the same paper for our Student Travel Grant before.
- You are not a past recipient of our Student Travel Grants.
The three winners will be awarded 1'500 CHF each. This year, in the light of the current worldwide situation, we decided that the recipients of the grants will also be able to spend their prizes to buy textbooks, to cover fees for virtual conferences and events, or to take online courses.
What are you waiting for? Send a copy of your paper or thesis, along with your one-page CV, to Daymine Omar (firstname.lastname@example.org) by July 6, 2020.
The winners will be acknowledged in our newsletter and, where possible, meet the Zurich Instruments team at their chosen conference.