Zurich Instruments is a technology leader in advanced test and measurement instruments and a pioneer in quantum computing control systems. Our products are used by the most ambitious scientists and engineers around the world. In 2018 we launched the first ever commercial Quantum Computing Control System to accelerate the progress of the community towards impactful quantum computers.
If you are fascinated by measurement instruments that provide extremely high sensitivity and you are inspired to contribute to a goal-driven team, this is your chance to work in a small and high-quality Research and Development (R&D) team striving to deliver the best measurement software and hardware solutions. For our R&D team in Zurich we are looking for a:
Software Engineer Python (80-100%)
We offer a diverse work environment in an international high-tech arena with an open and transparent company culture where personal development forms the basis of our success. We thrive on cooperation and support distributed decision-making that allows everyone to take responsibility and generate substantial impact from the start and on many levels.
Now is a great time to join the team.
We look forward to receiving your resume and motivation letter.
- Maintain our open-source Python projects and improve the user experience of our APIs
- Contribute to software tasks in product development cross-functional teams
- Lead feature development covering all aspects of concept, implementation, testing, and documentation
- Collaborate effectively with peers in R&D and product management on user stories and features
- Coach other developers in writing examples and tests in Python
- Take an active role in code reviews to enhance code quality within the team
- MSc or PhD in Computer Science, Physics, or Electrical Engineering
- Strong interest in working with high-end scientific instruments and in interfacing with them
- Familiarity with the Python ecosystem, including the scientific stack (NumPy, SciPy, Pandas)
- Experience with testing Python code through unit, integration, and system tests
- Proficiency in software engineering best practices and in writing effective, idiomatic, maintainable, and scalable code
- Additional knowledge of other programming languages, in particular C++, is an advantage
- Team player with excellent communication skills and the ability to excel in a dynamic and agile environment
- Fluency in English, additional languages are a plus