Zurich Instruments is a technology leader in advanced test and measurement instruments and a pioneer in quantum computing control systems. Our products are used by the most ambitious scientists and engineers around the world. In 2018 we launched the first ever commercial Quantum Computing Control System (QCCS) to accelerate the progress of the community towards impactful quantum computers.
For our Research and Development team in Zurich we are looking for a Quantum System Verification Engineer. You will collaborate closely with engineers and product managers of the QCCS components, as well as with the scientists that report from the field. You will stress-test the system and detect weaknesses that will be addressed by the engineering team. You will be evaluated on the level of reliability that the QCCS delivers in the field. Your work will be a valuable contribution to the international feat of building a useful quantum computer.
We are looking for a results-oriented, self-driven and motivated person who loves to tackle challenges in a cooperative fashion and feels inspired to work in a multicultural, high-tech environment.
Zurich Instruments offers a diverse work environment with an open company culture where people form the base of our success. Now is a great time to be joining the team.
We look forward to receiving your resume and motivation letter.
- Drive system verification based on in-depth understanding of the QCCS
- Develop automated test strategies on system level, implement and document tests in close collaboration with system architects and product managers
- Carry out performance benchmarking of the QCCS
- Contribute to software release generation
- Manage test setups and other equipment required for QCCS verification
- Perform root-cause analysis and offer customer support for difficult cases
- PhD/MSc in Electrical Engineering or Physics with a background in instrumentation, quantum technologies or a related field, e.g. NMR
- Experience with digital signal processing and RF electronics
- Expertise with software development in Python
- Solid background in instrumentation, especially in arbitrary waveform generators
- Practical experience with quantum computing frameworks, e.g. Qiskit, Cirq, PycQED, is a plus
- Strong critical thinking with a balance of analytical and creative skills
- Excellent communication skills and ability to excel as a team player in a dynamic and agile environment