Zurich Instruments is a technology leader in advanced test and measurement instruments based on dynamic signal processing. Our products are used in many challenging research fields by scientists all over the world. Zurich Instruments' vision is to be the reference for digital instrumentation in leading research and development laboratories.
For our team in Zurich, we are looking for an IT Administrator. In this position, you will have the chance to contribute to the development of the company’s IT strategy and shape the growing IT landscape.
We offer a diverse work environment in an international high-tech arena with an open and transparent company culture where personal development forms the basis of our success. We thrive on cooperation and support distributed decision-making that allows everyone to take responsibility and generate substantial impact from the start and on many levels.
Now is a great time to join the team.
We look forward to receiving your resume and motivation letter.
- Manage Linux and Windows servers, KVM hosts, compute servers, NAS, back up and maintain respective hardware
- Maintain network infrastructure (internet, firewall, VPN, China http proxy) in collaboration with external partners
- Install and configure office IT hardware (notebooks, screens, periphery, printers, door signage)
- Manage user accounts and user access rights in systems such as file servers, web servers and O365
- Monitor system for availability and performance
- Troubleshoot issues and outages (First Level), coordinate responses with partners
- Maintain VoIP (MS Teams) telephony infrastructure
- Maintain technical documentation, manuals and IT policies
- BSc in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field; professional certifications (e.g. Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator, ITIL) are a plus
- Proven experience as System Administrator, Network Administrator or similar roles
- Experience with O365, databases, networks (LAN, WAN), and patch management
- Knowledge of system security (e.g. intrusion detection systems, single sign-on, 2FA) and data backup/recovery
- Familiarity with different operating systems and platforms
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluent in English; German is a plus