Zurich Instruments is a technology leader in advanced test and measurement instruments based on dynamic signal processing. Our products are used in many challenging research fields by scientists all over the world. Zurich Instruments' vision is to be the reference for digital instrumentation in leading research and development laboratories.
Working with electronics is your passion. You feel challenged and enthusiastic about building electronic systems that set new performance benchmarks. This is your chance to work as part of a highly committed R&D team striving for best-in-class measurement hardware and software solutions.
Hardware Design Engineer
We offer a diverse work environment with an open and transparent company culture where personal development forms the basis of our success. We thrive on cooperation and support distributed decision-making that allows everyone to take responsibility and generate substantial impact from the start and on many levels.
Now is a great time to join the team.
We look forward to receiving your resume and motivation letter.
- Develop and maintain mixed-signal electronic circuits (PCB-based) for our products, including specification, conception, implementation, and documentation
- Conduct characterization, qualification, and compliance testing of electronic circuits and our instruments
- Maintain design resources, such as EDA tools and PCB design libraries
- Collaborate with and instruct external partners (e.g., PCB layout sub-contractors, PCB/A manufacturers)
- BSc or MSc in Electrical Engineering or equivalent field
- Experience in circuit design and characterization of mixed-signal PCBs involving RF electronics, FPGAs/DSPs, high-speed interfaces, mixed-signal circuits (ADC, DAC), analog building blocks, and power supply conditioning
- Experience in using EDA tools for circuit design and simulation (e.g., Altium Designer and Spice)
- Extended experience with laboratory instrumentation including oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, and VNAs
- Strong motivation to work at the forefront of technology and integrate the latest high-end components into your designs
- Team player enjoying close collaboration with other hardware, FW/HDL, and software team members
- Fluent in English, German is a plus