Senior Hardware Design Engineer (80-100%)
Zurich Instruments is a technology leader in advanced test and measurement instruments based on dynamic signal processing. Our products are used in many challenging research fields by scientists all over the world. Zurich Instruments' vision is to be the reference for digital instrumentation in leading research and development laboratories.
Working with electronics is your passion. You feel challenged and enthusiastic about building electronic systems that set new performance benchmarks. This is your chance to work as part of a highly committed Research & Development team striving for best-in-class measurement hardware and software solutions.
We offer a diverse work environment with an open and transparent company culture where personal development forms the basis of our success. We thrive on cooperation and support distributed decision-making that allows everyone to take responsibility and generate substantial impact from the start and on many levels.
Now is a great time to join the team.
We look forward to receiving your resume and motivation letter.
- Drive conceptual and architectural studies and decisions for large-scale digital communication and processing systems
- Design, implement and characterize the digital communication and processing hardware for large-scale test and measurement systems
- Assure testability and reliability of the conceived systems (design for test)
- Keep up-to-date with technological advancements in electronics and hardware design, and initiate and lead innovation projects yielding new products and features
- Participate in coaching and training of hardware design engineers
- BSc, MSc, or PhD in Electrical Engineering or equivalent field
- At least 8 years of experience in electronic system and circuit design, with extensive practical know-how on digital signal processing, high-speed digital standards (e.g., LVDS, CML), high-speed computing interconnects (e.g., multi-GbE, PCIe, InfiniBand), high-precision clocking and synchronization, as well as on signal integrity and EMI mitigation techniques.
- Extensive experience in using EDA tools for circuit design and simulation (e.g., Altium Designer, Spice, CST Studio Suite, HyperLynx)
- Proficient user of laboratory instrumentation including oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers and VNAs
- Experience in design for cost, test and manufacturing
- Experience in test specifications, procedures and reports on complex hardware designs
- Experience in cooperation with external partners
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Fluent in English, German is a plus