Quantum Computing Control System
Zurich Instruments is committed to supporting the development of quantum technologies, and it is in this spirit that it now offers the first commercial Quantum Computing Control System (QCCS).
Below is an illustration of the full quantum stack highlighting some of its most relevant components:
Full Quantum Stack
The QCCS, which corresponds to the layer called "Classical System Control, Software and Hardware", ensures reliable control and measurement of a quantum device while providing a clean software interface to the next higher level in the quantum stack.
Zurich Instruments contributes hardware and software to enable researchers to scale up their setups to a large number of qubits and keep complexity to a minimum. The well-orchestrated interplay between all featured instruments gives our customers a key advantage, linking high-level quantum algorithms with their physical qubit implementation.
QCCS Key Features
- Hardware specifications that match the application: low noise, high resolution, and large bandwidth.
- A compact and scalable design: new channels can be added at any time.
- A thought-through and tested systems approach: precise synchronization and sophisticated orchestration of all input and output channels.
- Productivity-boosting software: LabOne® efficiently connects high-level quantum algorithms with the analog signals from the quantum device.
- The Programmable Quantum System Controller (PQSC) synchronizes and controls up to 18 HDAWGs.
- The UHFQA Quantum Analyzer reads out up to 10 qubits simultaneously thanks to its state-of-the-art filter technology.
- The HDAWG Arbitrary Waveform Generator is a compact 8-channel, high-density AWG suitable for qubit control.
- New! The SHFQA Quantum Analyzer offers a full real-time readout setup for up to 64 superconducting or spin qubits.
- The HDIQ IQ Modulator converts signals from external intermediate-frequency sources to the microwave frequency range. The HDIQ is only available as an accessory for the 8-channel HDAWG.
- The LabOne control software comes with APIs for Python, C, MATLAB®, LabVIEW™ and .NET.