The HF2LI-MOD is an option for the HF2LI and allows for the direct analysis of sidebands in dynamic AM (amplitude modulation) and FM (frequency modulation) schemes. This option helps the user to precisely measure periodic variations in the frequency or the amplitude of the application signal. Such schemes are typically applied in oscillator and resonator related setups.
HF2LI-MOD user benefits
- Single-box solution for bimodal and multi-modal measurements
- Tandem demodulation with 1 lock-in amplifier (instead of 2)
- Access to the phase of the modulating signal (not possible with tandem demodulation)
- Compatibility with the HF2LI-PLL option to derive carrier and modulation frequency from a high-performance PLL
- System asymmetries accounted for with single-sided demodulation
- Straightforward setup without tandem demodulation or intermediate signal conversions