Zurich Instruments is a technology leader in advanced test and measurement instruments and a pioneer in quantum computing control systems. Our products are used by the most ambitious scientists and engineers around the world. In 2018 we launched the first-ever commercial Quantum Computing Control System (QCCS) to help the quantum computing community reach its goal of impactful quantum computers.
In this position, you will be leading the QCCS software team with the goal to rapidly grow and build a team that competes with the best groups in the world in defining the state of the art for quantum computer control. You are in this mission together with Product Management, System Architecture and our partners at some of the world's finest researchers institutes pioneering quantum computing. Your success will be measured by the quality and speed of the QCCS software evolution.
Quantum Computing is your passion?
We offer a diverse work environment in an international high-tech arena with an open and transparent company culture where personal development forms the basis of our success. We thrive on cooperation and support distributed decision-making that allows everyone to take responsibility and generate substantial impact from the start and on many levels.
Now is a great time to join the team.
We look forward to receiving your resume and motivation letter.
- Lead a team of highly skilled software engineers responsible for Zurich Instruments’ QCCS software
- Grow the QCCS team by hiring new members with support from the HR team
- Shape and align the interfaces to other teams within ZI's R&D organisation
- Ensure the build-up of know-how in the team covering software, instrumentation and application
- Contribute to architectural decisions for the QCCS Software
- Drive the system verification strategy that will support scaling up the QCCS
- Contribute to organisation development in the R&D
- PhD or MSc in physics, computer science or electrical engineering
- Proven track record of team leadership in a fast-changing, high-tech environment
- Excellent background in software development and testing in Python and with Jupyter Notebooks
- Deep understanding of software architectures that build on realtime control hardware
- Experience or strong interest in quantum computing frameworks, e.g. Qiskit, Cirq, PycQED is a plus
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- Open minded personality with experience in change management