Zurich Instruments is a technology leader in advanced test and measurement instruments and a pioneer in quantum computing control systems. Our products are used by the most ambitious scientists and engineers around the world. In 2018 we launched the first ever commercial Quantum Computing Control System to accelerate the progress of the community towards impactful quantum computers.
For our Boston office, we are looking for an Application Scientist Quantum Technology. As an Application Scientist, you will be part of our marketing and sales team in Boston. With the opportunity to apply your technical expertise to solve new technical challenges, you will be making a significant contribution to the success of our fast-growing company. This is a great chance to transition directly from an academic path into a role within a dynamic company environment that allows you to stay at the cutting edge of technology.
We are looking for a results-oriented, self-driven and motivated person who loves to tackle challenges in a cooperative fashion and feels inspired to work in a multicultural, high-tech environment.
Zurich Instruments offers a diverse work environment with an open company culture where people form the base of our success. We provide a competitive remuneration and benefits package, including paid vacation and sick time in addition to US national holidays, and we support a healthy work-life balance. Now is a great time to be joining the team. We look forward to receiving your resume and motivation letter.
- Establish new and maintain existing customer contacts, securing future sales mainly related to quantum technologies: quantum computing, quantum simulation, quantum optics, etc.
- Represent Zurich Instruments at trade shows and visit customers around the world
- Work with leading quantum researchers across the US and help them solve complex technical challenges
- Provide application-specific customer support, including onsite system integration, product demonstrations and customer training
- Refine key product features of our AWGs, quantum analyzers and other quantum stack products, helping to secure Zurich Instruments’ position as a technology leader
- Produce marketing material such as web copy, blog posts, application notes, videos, newsletter content
- PhD in physics with a background in quantum technologies or AMO
- Solid scientific track record with practical lab experience; hands-on experience with radiofrequency/microwave signal generation and measurement
- Excellent communication skills; good writing skills are an important asset
- Programming ability in Python
- Sales experience and/or an interest in developing such skills is preferred
- Entrepreneurial spirit and know-how of basic marketing methodologies are most welcome