Zurich Instruments is a technology leader in advanced test and measurement instruments based on dynamic signal processing. Our products are used in many challenging research fields by scientists all over the world. Zurich Instruments' vision is to be the reference for digital instrumentation in leading research and development laboratories.
To strengthen further our lock-in amplifiers business, we are looking for an Application Scientist to grow our Marketing & Sales team in Boston.
Zurich Instruments offers a diverse work environment in an international high-tech arena with an open and transparent company culture where personal development forms the basis of our success. We thrive on cooperation and support distributed decision-making that allows everyone to take responsibility and generate substantial impact from the start and on many levels.
We provide a competitive remuneration and benefits package, including paid vacation and sick time in addition to US national holidays, and we support a healthy work-life balance.
Now is a great time to join the team.
We look forward to receiving your resume and motivation letter. Applicants need to be legally authorized to work in the USA.
- Establish new contacts with customers and maintain existing ones to secure future sales
- Provide application-specific customer support, including on-site system integration, product demonstrations and customer training
- Represent Zurich Instruments at major trade shows, visit customers around the world and connect with opinion leaders
- Act as the optics and photonics reference within the company
- Produce material such as web content, blog posts, application notes and videos
- Analyze market requirements, contribute to product development, and strengthen Zurich Instruments' technology leadership
- PhD in Physics or Electrical Engineering, or MSc and a minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar role
- Strong scientific track record with years of experience in optics laboratories
- Broad knowledge of instrumentation including lock-in amplifiers, AWGs, PIDs and PLLs is a plus
- Excellent communication skills: good writing skills are an important asset
- Programming skills in MATLAB, LabVIEW, Python, and/or C