MCBJ with IETS
Application: Mechanically controlled break junction (MCBJ) analysis with inelastic electron tunneling spectroscopy (IETS).
|Objectives:||Identification of the presence of a single molecule in the nano-gap of the mechanically controllable break junction (MCBJ) and characterization by means of inelastic electron tunneling spectroscopy (IETS). The measurement consists of simultaneous, DC transport (I-V), conductance dI/dV (first harmonic), and first derivative of the conductance d2I/dV2 measurements (second harmonic).
|Benefits:||Single box for multi-frequency measurements of the DC, first harmonic, and second harmonic, ramp and modulation signal generation, extensive analysis tools included, control of the external current pre-amplifier included in the user interface.
|Relevant products:||HF2LI, HF2LI-MF, HF2TA|
HF2LI setup for IETS of a MCBJ
Key Features of the HF2LI Lock-in Amplifier for this Application
- 3 demodulators per signal input
- 1 µHz to 50 MHz frequency range
- 2 independent measurement units, 2 high-frequency generators
- 2 auxiliary inputs, 4 auxiliary outputs, 32 digital I/O (DIO)
- integrated analog signal added for ramp + modulation
- single cable connection for control and power to external pre-amplifier HF2TA
- Integrated frequency response analyzer, FFT spectrum analyzer, and oscilloscope
The content of this document may refer to intellectual property owned by third parties.